Titles that we recommend are featured below with cover images. The ones with reviews are noted with an asterisk (*). Some titles are recommended with a caveat. At the end of this page, we provide a list of titles on this theme, with reviews, that we do not recommend.
Here are books on organizing for all ages. Note that the Early Childhood list contains activism and organizing, whereas the other lists focus on organizing.
In addition to the titles below, we recommend:
- Resistance 101: a lesson by Teaching for Change that introduces middle and high school students to activists and the strategies they have used throughout U.S. history
- Zinn Education Project: lessons, books, and films for middle and high school students on organizing
- Training for Change: workshops on organizing
- Resources on youth organizing
- Ban This Book by Alan Gratz
Most of the books on these lists are linked for more information or purchase to Bookshop (an indie bookstore platform) and / or Powells.com (an independent, unionized bookstore). A small percentage from book sales through these links goes to Teaching for Change.